FIREFLIES by OWL CITY

|
You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep


'Cause everything is never as it seems
When I fall asleep

Leave my door open just a crack
(Please take me away from here)
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
(Please take me away from here)
Why do I tire of counting sheep
(Please take me away from here)
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell


But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar


I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turn slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm sleep


'Cause everything is never as it seem
When I fall asleep




I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turn slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm sleep


'Cause everything is never as it seem
When I fall asleep


I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turn slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
Because my dreams are 
bursting at the seems


NOTE: Huhmmmm,, Ipep hav juz gone back to the academy. Well, well, well, gotta adjust myself soon. No need to worry, I can do it. No other choices, event if I can't do it, nothing will change. Ability is not the question here. Hihihihihi. And I've chosen this song to represent my feeling. Anyway, I'm soooo happy today bcoz of HIM, and ANGGI, and lot of FOOD. Sooo, I guess I can survive again this time. I'll be so fcuking busy this week, and perhaps I can see Ipep again next Sunday! :')

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The best from you..:) what an amaizing poem

rinz said...

ehemmm,,, dbaca judulnya boz!
ini lirik lagu OWL CITY,,
jelas aja THE BEST,, wong bukan aku yg bikin! hehehehehehehe,,,,