He's Gone for Good, juz like Her

|
I remember the first time I lost my precious friend. She's my classmate during junior high school. We'd been in the same class for 3 whole years. She's a nice girl. She'd always be. She's kind. She's smart. She's diligent. Always sitting in the middle front row, rite in front of the blackboard. Bringing her lunch box and snacks from home and shared it with us, every single day. She never ever raise her voice. I'd never seen her angry or sad. Sometimes, I saw her blushing, when we teased her about the teacher she liked...

Fresh in my memory, we didn't have any graduation ceremony. In 2007 a big earthquake shook my hometown, Jogja. It destroyed us. And I wasn't there with them. I was in Magelang, choosing my own path, while she chose her's, and others chose theirs. Then we got separated. Walking on our own way, while bearing in our heart, that she is my friend, and I am her's. Forever and ever.

It was in 2008, she left me behind for eternity. She juz turned 17 and we were in our second year of high school. Had been a long time since I heard news from her. I thought it'd only been for 2 weeks or so when I knew that she's suffering from cancer. But when I was planning to pay her a visit, she's already gone. I am so sorry. Even up until now, I still regret it. I really do..

It was so sad. I can picture it clearly in my mind. All of us came to her house, met with her parents and brother. Seeing her in the white cloth. She was so pale, yet peaceful. We all cried. We all prayed. I didn't want to say good bye coz I know that we'll meet again, someday, in the next world. And I know that she's heading first before me for good. Allah knows the best for her. I believe in HIM. I will always be...

And then, two days ago, on 19th of August 2011,  I lost another precious friend of mine. He died in motorcycle accident. A mad car crushed on him. It was special, he got his calling on Friday night in Ramadhan month. He's not only my friend, he's like my brother. We were from the same senior high school. We had the same roll number, 27, and bcoz of that, I knew him as my brother.

I remember, in the first year, we gathered in our class corridor, met for the first time, introduced ourself to each other. There were 4 girls, and 5 boys, including him. It was awkward, but fun in the same time. I was delighted to suddenly had several people who'd be my sisters and brothers. People who cared for me, who's looking for each other and supporting each other.

I know that I am not that close to him. We rarely spoke to each other. But does he still remember? The first snack that I gave to him with a little note on it said: UNTUK SEMUA SAUDARA ABSEN 27, SEMANGAT ULANGAN HARIAN 1! And another snacks with a small note following after that? Always rite before the exam, with the same sentence written on the notes. To support each other, expecting and hoping the best for each other. Does he know? The joy that I felt each time I prepared the notes? The pray within each words? Does he know? The happiness that I felt each time when one of our brother or sister got a great achievement? Does he know? How proud we are of him?

When I came to Melbourne, I only heard from the others, all the achievement that he's got. I was happy for him. I truly was. When he got accepted at UI. When he got chosen to be humas ikastara. When he got a girlfriend. One thing that I'll always regret, I didn't come to karimun jawa together with him and everyone else last holiday. I didn't get the chance to having fun with him for the last time. I even didn't have the chance to see him to say farewell. I couldn't come to his funeral...

I know that both of them, she and he, were gone for good. All that I can do now is praying for them. Doing my best and live my life to the fullest. We'll meet again someday, my friends. I won't do anything that bring embarrassment. And I'll always keep our memory together in my heart. I will never ever forget about you, Ifa and Inyong.

Best luck, for all of us. 

13 comments:

TS Frima said...

may they rest in peace. now let us live to the fullest.

Unknown said...

turut berduka cita ya atas kepergian sahabatnya.

Fara said...

Aku nangis waktu bacanya. Aku nggak akan pernah lupa dan menyesali waktu ayahku meminta buat menengok Ifa dan aku bilang 'Sekarang aku lagi sibuk, minggu depan deh ngajak Intan dan Titis sekalian,' beberapa hari sebelum dia pergi. Seandainya aku tau aku nggak akan pernah ketemu dia lagi, aku bakal ninggalin semua yang 'menyibukkanku' untuk menemaninya di akhir hidupnya. Waktu memang nggak bisa diulang. Kepergiannya menjadi pelajaran buat kita semua, kebaikan dan tawanya menjadi kenangan di dalam hati kita selama-lamanya.
Rest in peace, Ifa and Inyong. We love you but Allah love you more. Only good people die young.

Dihas Enrico said...

rest in peace.....
my peace on your friend... :)

Dihas Enrico said...

gempa dan kecelakaan lalu lintas.... :)

so sad...
:'(

semoga diterima di sisiNya...

(bagus jg tulisan inggris km,,secara udah lama di aussie)

Majalah Masjid Kita said...

I know how much you will miss them.. I encourage you to draw on your strength and the strength of your family. Perhaps you could use your special talent of scrapbooking to make a lasting memory book of 'em..

bocah ingusan said...

kunjungan perdana nih, juga sdh follow di blog ini.. balikin yah

rinz said...

sahid: bukan karena gempa, tapi karena kanker. ni bacanya ga bener deh. hayoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

angsajenius said...

intaan turut berduka cita.. may they rest in peace..

Dihas Enrico said...

hahahaha.....
aq baca cm gak ngerti isinya....
hahahahhaha....
tapi kan ada earthquake ma motor accident kalo ga salah... :P

Corat - Coret [Ria Nugroho] said...

pasti sedih ditinggal sahabat tercinta
ini pun mengingatkanku pada tante kesayanganku yang meninggal 3 bulan yang lalu karena kanker payudara
aku tak sempat melihatnya untuk terakhir kalinya :'( karena selalu menunda pertemuan, menyesal sungguh menyesal :'(

Shudai Ajlani said...

Wah tampilan blognya baru yah? B)

rinz said...

Gak kok, tampilannya tetep sama. males ngrubahnya. lgpl aku ga pinter ngedesain2 gt. hahahaha.. still the usual boring me. lol